Elta Fans moves air efficiently and quietly in new Co-operative Group headquarters
Published: 03 October, 2013
Elta Fans has supplied ventilation equipment for the energy-efficient new headquarters of the Co-operative Group in Manchester. One Angel Square is thought to be the most sustainable large office space in Europe. It was designed to achieve a 50% reduction in energy use compared to the previous Manchester complex and an 80% reduction in carbon — reducing operating costs by up to 30%.
Low-noise levels were one of the selection issues, with Elta Fans chosen to supply quiet-running units. Equipment provided includes 15 Revolution SLC axial fans; four Atex fans; four Qube high-temperature, multi-discharge, double-skinned centrifugal fans; a Multiflow SMC fan; and two biflow conical bifurcated fans.
The units are installed in the plant room at the top of the building. They were all supplied with IP66 inverters to enable them to be connected to the BMS.For more information on this story, click here: Oct 2013, 121
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show