Double anniversary for BACnet protocol
Published: 08 May, 2014
BACnet International and the BACnet Interest Group Europe (BIG-EU) are celebrating two BACnet anniversaries in 2014 and 2015. One is 10 years of the international standard DIN EN ISO 16484-5; the other is 20 years of the standard ANSI/ASHRAE 135. In that time, this open communication standard has become an unprecedented enabler of sustainable building automation.
More than 720 vendor IDs have been distributed, and over 600 devices, classified in nine profiles, ‘speak’ BACnet and comply with the requirements of the international standard.
This open communication protocol was created to connect the proprietary building-automation devices and control systems of Cornell University, Ithaca, New York. Under the umbrella, the protocol, now known as BACnet, became an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard in 1995.
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show