Gilberts’ natural ventilation is a high performer
Published: 05 June, 2014
Gilberts of Blackpool’s Mistrale 75 ventilation units achieve accurate and stable airflow and also have low air leakage and good thermal performance. Air leakage is as low as 5 m3/h.m2, with a U-value of 0.93 W/m2K, similar to a double-glazed window.
Roy Jones, senior technical manager, explains, ‘The air leakage is well within current and future requirements. Regulations currently demand air leakage of ≤10 m3/h/m2 and are predicted to lower to only ≤7 m3/h/m2. Mistrale delivers now and helps future-proof the building services for the medium term too.’
Mistrale 75 operates automatically, adjusting the flow of air as required to maintain internal air quality and temperatures. It can be interfaced with proprietary or Gilberts’ own BMSs.
An air-tempering option can produce up to 1.1kW of convected heat and maintain the internal temperature and minimise energy consumption when a separate heating system is operating. It can thus reduce the number of radiators required.
Other options include acoustic attenuation, silencers and internal fascia grilles.
Units are 200 mm thick and can be produced in sizes from 200 x 225 mm up to 2000 x 1050 mm. Units can be used in multiples to create large screens or a continuous run. Units are Class A weather rated.
All Gilberts’ systems are engineered to order.For more information on this story, click here: June 2014, 166
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show