Elco supplies CHP for London hotel project
Published: 03 September, 2014
Two CHP units supplied by Elco UK, along with boilers and hot-water cylinders supply heating and hot water to the new Qbic Hotel in Whitechapel, London. This complete refurbishment of an empty office building has 171 bedrooms, all of were prefabricated and shipped flat-packed from China for assembling in a day.
There are two GB6-12 (6 kW of electricity and 12 kW of heat) Energator CHP units teamed up with two 145 kW Thision L wall-mounted boilers and three Inox-Maxi single-coil cylinders.
M&E contractor for was Floheat Services of Suffolk.
The Energator range of CHP units comprises six gas-fuelled models and six oil-fuelled models with electrical outputs up to 49 kW and heat up to 90 kW. The engines run at just 1500 rev/min and are hydraulically separated from the heating system.For more information on this story, click here: September 2014, 103
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show