Kooltherm pipe insulation prescribed for new hospital
Published: 02 June, 2016
Kooltherm FM pipe insulation from Kingspan Industrial Insulation is contributing to the new Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow being set to achieve a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating. This hospital has 1109 beds and has been constructed on the site of the former Southern General Hospital by Brookfield Multiplex.
Specialist sub-contractors Lagwell Insulation and McNicol Insulation installed the Kooltherm FM pipe insulation on hot and cold service pipework across the site. It achieves thermal conductivities as low as 0.025 W/mK.
That thermal performance enabled the insulation to meet the BREEAM requirements with a minimum product thickness, enabling installation to be completed quickly, even in areas where space was tight.
The product also has a BRE Green Guide A+ rating and is made under a BS EN ISO 14001:2004 scheme, contributing to it being an attractive choice.For more information on this story, click here: June 2016, 130
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show