CIBSE’s young engineer of the year
Published: 02 November, 2016
CIBSE’s young engineer of the year for 2016 is Antoni Sapina Grau of Brunel University and WSP Parsons Brinkerhoff. He was named graduate of the year for his presentation on problem solving with technology, along with seven other finalists giving presentations on the theme: ‘Computers and digital technologies are transforming the way engineers work. What impact do you think this is having on innovation, professionalism and traditional engineering skills?’
As graduate of the year, he will travel to the ASHRAE Winter Conference in Las Vegas
At the same event, TUV SUD Wallace Whittle was named employer of the year. This award recognises employers which have done most to recruit, train and support young engineers.
CIBSE president John Field said, ‘The young engineers awards are a powerful force in encouraging the best and brightest, taking young engineering talent and challenging them to address some of the industry’s biggest issues to benefit humanity.
ASHRAE president Tim Wentz, visiting from the USA, presented the annual ASHRAE presidential lecture.
The awards are presented by three international engineering institutions: CIBSE; ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air-Conditioning Engineers); and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Commercial sponsors are Andrews Water Heaters, Ruskin Air Management and Waterloo Air Products. It is also supported by CIBSE Patrons, a group of businesses that collaborate to give financial and technical backing to CIBSE.
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show