Automatic mixer tap can reduce water usage by 70%
Published: 18 February, 2006
Douglas Controls claims that a new generation of controls on its taps enables water savings of up to 70% to be achieved compared to typical basin mixer. The savings are due to a combination of automatic non-touch operation and a factory-set flow rate of 6 l/min.
An infra-red sensor allows water to flow as soon as a person’s hands approach it. Tempomatic 3 taps are designed for single-trade fix. Long-life lithium batteries provide 250 000 to 300 000 operations, representing three to five years. No other power source is required. The battery is replaced through a top maintenance cover locked by two concealed screws.
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show