Nick Raynsford launches BSRIA’S design framework for building services
Published: 28 August, 2006
BSRIA’s new ‘Design framework for building services’ was launched by Nick Raynsford, MP, at the first meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Building Services Engineering Group.
Claire Curtis-Thomas, MP, is chair of the group and also a chartered engineer. She defines building-services engineering as ‘the collection of skills needed to make the built environment a comfortable, safe, efficient and sustainable place for people to live, work and play’.
Launching the guide, Nick Raynsford said, ‘This new guidance is a major contribution from BSRIA and the Specialist Engineering Alliance. Consultants, contractors and specialists will avoid costly and time-consuming arguments by using the guide, thereby delivering greater value to their clients and to occupiers of buildings.’
The guide provides the means for clients, designers, contractors and manufacturers to allocate the vital design activities necessary at each stage of a project. It includes updated definitions of the common drawings produced during a project and samples of these drawings. There is also a pro-forma for the project team to agree who will prepare each type of drawing for each of the building-services systems in a project.
The guidance will enable the whole project team to reach agreement on who does what — reducing uncertainty, duplication of effort and confusion, so that projects can be delivered more efficiently.
Among issues being taken up by the new Parliamentary group are ‘rogue trainers’, the latest Building Regulations, the DTI’s review of the Construction Act and the challenges posed by the building programme for the London Olympics in 2012.
Administrative support is being provided by the Heating & Ventilating Contractors’ Association.
- 08 - 09 July, 2015BSRIA training course: Introduction to M&E building services
- 16 - 17 September, 2015Renewable Energy Management & Finance training course
- 22 - 23 September, 2015Wind Power training course
- 24 - 25 September, 2015Carbon Finance training course
- 29 - 30 September, 2015Solar Photovoltaic training course
- 01 October, 2015Electrics for Renewables training course
- 02 - 03 October, 2015Renewable Energy Solutions training course
- 21 - 22 October, 2015Building Controls Show 2015
- 13 November, 2015BSRIA Briefing — Smarter ways to better buildings