PIR detectors control lighting in high-bay applications
Published: 15 February, 2010
CP Electronics has introduced two high-bay PIR detectors for controlling lighting in warehouses and factories. Both detectors can be used in presence or absence mode with incandescent, fluorescent and compact-fluorescent light sources. They can have optional manual controls.
One of the detectors can be used with DSI or DALI dimming ballasts over one or two channels to maintain illuminance to pre-set lux levels. Its switching channel can be used to isolate the supply to the dimming ballasts or to switch a separate channel of non-dimming luminaires.
Two input terminals can be used manually to over-ride dimming levels and over-ride lights on or off. It is also possible to dim an outside row of luminaires while internal fittings are switched. Other possibilities are absence detection for two separate channels and maintained illuminance system with manual up/down controls.
For ease of commissioning and reconfiguration, both units can be supplied with a programming handset. Manual adjustments to sensitivity, lux and time settings can be made using controls on the rear of the detector head.For more information on this story, click here: feb 10, 167
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show