McDonald’s is lovin’ energy management
Published: 07 June, 2010
Peter Schroeder, environment manager with McDonald’s UK, (centre in photo.) has been named Energy Manager of the Year by the Energy Services & Technology Association. The judges singled him out for ‘excellent work with the motivation and subsequent commitment of staff in 1200 restaurants’, commenting ‘A new, web-based culture has been established. This led to a 10% reduction in underlying electricity consumption in 2009 alone.’
The entry from James Brittain, energy manager at Heathrow Airport, received a highly-commended mention from the judges.
Peter Schroeder is pictured with Alan Aldridge (right), executive director of ESTA, and Alun Cochrane, compare of the Energy & Environment Awards Dinner 2010.
- 23 October, 2014, 9:30 - 17:30Training Day 1: What Data?
- 28 - 29 October, 2014Leadership in building performance
- 05 - 06 November, 2014FutureBuild 2014
- 05 November, 2014 - 15:15Heat 2014
- 11 November, 2014Heat metering for the Renewable Heat Incentive
- 14 November, 2014BSRIA Briefing — Smarter ways to better buildings
- 18 November, 2014Biomass heating
- 20 November, 2014KNX seminar
- 25 November, 2014Implementing BIM — preparing your implementation plan
- 26 - 27 November, 2014Resilience14
- 27 November, 201410-80-10 — The Building Services Summit