McDonald’s is lovin’ energy management
Published: 07 June, 2010
Peter Schroeder, environment manager with McDonald’s UK, (centre in photo.) has been named Energy Manager of the Year by the Energy Services & Technology Association. The judges singled him out for ‘excellent work with the motivation and subsequent commitment of staff in 1200 restaurants’, commenting ‘A new, web-based culture has been established. This led to a 10% reduction in underlying electricity consumption in 2009 alone.’
The entry from James Brittain, energy manager at Heathrow Airport, received a highly-commended mention from the judges.
Peter Schroeder is pictured with Alan Aldridge (right), executive director of ESTA, and Alun Cochrane, compare of the Energy & Environment Awards Dinner 2010.
- 25 - 26 May, 2016LIFTEX 2016
- 17 June, 2016CSA Awards
- 23 June, 2016Soft Landings — bridging the performance gap
- 08 - 09 September, 2016Zero carbon buildings today and in the future
- 18 - 20 October, 2016Energy 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016HVAC 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016Smart buildings 2016
- 11 November, 2016BSRIA Briefing
- 23 November, 2016Building Services Summit 2016