McDonald’s is lovin’ energy management
Published: 07 June, 2010
Peter Schroeder, environment manager with McDonald’s UK, (centre in photo.) has been named Energy Manager of the Year by the Energy Services & Technology Association. The judges singled him out for ‘excellent work with the motivation and subsequent commitment of staff in 1200 restaurants’, commenting ‘A new, web-based culture has been established. This led to a 10% reduction in underlying electricity consumption in 2009 alone.’
The entry from James Brittain, energy manager at Heathrow Airport, received a highly-commended mention from the judges.
Peter Schroeder is pictured with Alan Aldridge (right), executive director of ESTA, and Alun Cochrane, compare of the Energy & Environment Awards Dinner 2010.
- 08 January, 2016, 12:30Smoke control to common escape routes in apartment buildings
- 16 - 18 February, 2016ACR Show
- 08 - 10 March, 2016Ecobuild
- 19 April, 2016The future of facilities management and property services in the public sector
- 04 May, 2016, 9:30 - 05 May, 2016All-Energy
- 25 - 26 May, 2016LIFTEX 2016