McDonald’s is lovin’ energy management
Published: 07 June, 2010
Peter Schroeder, environment manager with McDonald’s UK, (centre in photo.) has been named Energy Manager of the Year by the Energy Services & Technology Association. The judges singled him out for ‘excellent work with the motivation and subsequent commitment of staff in 1200 restaurants’, commenting ‘A new, web-based culture has been established. This led to a 10% reduction in underlying electricity consumption in 2009 alone.’
The entry from James Brittain, energy manager at Heathrow Airport, received a highly-commended mention from the judges.
Peter Schroeder is pictured with Alan Aldridge (right), executive director of ESTA, and Alun Cochrane, compare of the Energy & Environment Awards Dinner 2010.
- 15 - 16 September, 2015The Energy Event 2014
- 16 - 17 September, 2015Renewable Energy Management & Finance training course
- 22 - 23 September, 2015Wind Power training course
- 24 - 25 September, 2015Carbon Finance training course
- 29 - 30 September, 2015Solar Photovoltaic training course
- 01 October, 2015Electrics for Renewables training course
- 02 - 03 October, 2015Renewable Energy Solutions training course
- 21 - 22 October, 2015Building Controls Show 2015
- 13 November, 2015BSRIA Briefing — Smarter ways to better buildings