McDonald’s is lovin’ energy management
Published: 07 June, 2010
Peter Schroeder, environment manager with McDonald’s UK, (centre in photo.) has been named Energy Manager of the Year by the Energy Services & Technology Association. The judges singled him out for ‘excellent work with the motivation and subsequent commitment of staff in 1200 restaurants’, commenting ‘A new, web-based culture has been established. This led to a 10% reduction in underlying electricity consumption in 2009 alone.’
The entry from James Brittain, energy manager at Heathrow Airport, received a highly-commended mention from the judges.
Peter Schroeder is pictured with Alan Aldridge (right), executive director of ESTA, and Alun Cochrane, compare of the Energy & Environment Awards Dinner 2010.
- 09 November, 2016, 18:00The "smart" answer to indoor air quality
- 11 November, 2016BSRIA Briefing
- 16 November, 2016 - 17 November, 2016, 16:30EMEX, The Energy Management Exhibition
- 16 - 17 November, 2016PHEX - the plumbing and heating exhibition
- 23 November, 2016Building Services Summit 2016
- 23 November, 2016Heat 2016: from global agreement to local action
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards