McDonald’s is lovin’ energy management
Published: 07 June, 2010
Peter Schroeder, environment manager with McDonald’s UK, (centre in photo.) has been named Energy Manager of the Year by the Energy Services & Technology Association. The judges singled him out for ‘excellent work with the motivation and subsequent commitment of staff in 1200 restaurants’, commenting ‘A new, web-based culture has been established. This led to a 10% reduction in underlying electricity consumption in 2009 alone.’
The entry from James Brittain, energy manager at Heathrow Airport, received a highly-commended mention from the judges.
Peter Schroeder is pictured with Alan Aldridge (right), executive director of ESTA, and Alun Cochrane, compare of the Energy & Environment Awards Dinner 2010.
- 21 - 22 October, 2015Building Controls Show 2015
- 22 October, 2015ESTA Energy efficiency summit
- 03 - 04 November, 2015CIBSE Building Performance Conference & Exhibition
- 13 November, 2015BSRIA Briefing — Smarter ways to better buildings
- 25 November, 2015 - 16:30Heat 2015
- 16 - 18 February, 2016ACR Show