Metal trunking is much quicker and safer to install
Published: 02 February, 2011
Legrand’s latest range of Salamandre trunking is 50% quicker to install than its predecessor, according to independent tests — considerably reducing its total installed cost. It was designed following consultations with specifiers, installers and engineers that highlighted a desire for a solution that was faster and easier to install, had fewer components, less time on site and improved health and safety.
Among the new design features are a double-folded safety edge on the return of the trunking, which is safer for handling and cables.
The external coupler is wider and stronger than the previous coupler to hide cuts made on site and ensure good earth continuity. The coupler is supplied prefitted to save time. Slotted ends on all lengths enable the trunking to be slid into place and secured with minimal effort.
Multi-head shake-proof screws aid installation flexibility. They have a serrated flange that bites into the steel to help earth continuity and are supplied assembled to all couplers and fittings, backed off to accept the next component so no more bags of screws go missing.
Finally, push-fit spring-loaded quarter-turn turnbuckles make for fast and secure fitting and easy maintenance.For more information on this story, click here: Feb 2011, 163
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show