Metal trunking is much quicker and safer to install
Published: 02 February, 2011
Legrand’s latest range of Salamandre trunking is 50% quicker to install than its predecessor, according to independent tests — considerably reducing its total installed cost. It was designed following consultations with specifiers, installers and engineers that highlighted a desire for a solution that was faster and easier to install, had fewer components, less time on site and improved health and safety.
Among the new design features are a double-folded safety edge on the return of the trunking, which is safer for handling and cables.
The external coupler is wider and stronger than the previous coupler to hide cuts made on site and ensure good earth continuity. The coupler is supplied prefitted to save time. Slotted ends on all lengths enable the trunking to be slid into place and secured with minimal effort.
Multi-head shake-proof screws aid installation flexibility. They have a serrated flange that bites into the steel to help earth continuity and are supplied assembled to all couplers and fittings, backed off to accept the next component so no more bags of screws go missing.
Finally, push-fit spring-loaded quarter-turn turnbuckles make for fast and secure fitting and easy maintenance.For more information on this story, click here: Feb 2011, 163
- 08 - 09 September, 2016Zero carbon buildings today and in the future
- 29 September, 2016ISO50001 UK 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016Energy 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016HVAC 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016Smart buildings 2016
- 11 November, 2016BSRIA Briefing
- 16 November, 2016 - 17 November, 2016, 16:30EMEX, The Energy Management Exhibition
- 16 - 17 November, 2016PHEX - the plumbing and heatign exhibition
- 23 November, 2016Building Services Summit 2016