Pump replacement offers chance to benefit from variable-speed operation
Published: 02 March, 2011
The most important question to ask when a pump needs to be replaced is if there an opportunity to replace with a variable-speed option that will work only as hard as its needs to according to Grundfos and giving the potential to save up to 80% of the energy that would be required by a fixed-speed counterpart.
Grundfoss advice is that there are several points that should be considered.
Is the pump correctly sized for the current duty requirement?
Has the building undergone any change of use since the pump was fitted?
What solution would mean least pipe-work modification?
How important is service access?
Grundfos offers a wide range of reliable pump solutions and a wealth of experience to e-place pumpsFor more information on this story, click here: March 2011, 87
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show