Ener-G prepares to deliver low-carbon for the NHS
Published: 05 October, 2011
Ener-G, which specialises in sustainable energy solutions, has set up a specialist healthcare division following its appointment to a framework of approved contractors to deliver major low-carbon infra-structure improvements across the NHS estate. The company has been selected by the NHS Shared Business Services Carbon & Energy Fund to tender for and deliver multi-million-pound projects to overhaul low-carbon supply of electricity, heating and cooling at hospitals throughout the UK.
The £100 million-plus Carbon & Energy Fund provides participating trusts with specialist expertise, rapid project deployment and capital seed funding that is recovered over a 15-year contract period through guaranteed cost savings underwritten by the appointed contractors.
Ener-G has delivered 65 low- and zero-carbon projects in the healthcare sector and has made the first of several key appointments to support its new healthcare division and the management of these complex infra-structure projects.
Among these projects was one for the Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust to replace historic electricity, heating and cooling infrastructure with tri-generation technology and other energy-efficient equipment at two acute-hospital sites. It has achieved annual operational and energy savings totalling £1.6 million and significant carbon reductions.
Another project for Malvern Community Hospital includes ground-source heat-pump technology and combined heat and power to provide high-efficiency low-carbon heating and power.For more information on this story, click here: October 2011, 61
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show