Marco makes waves at Olympics venue
Published: 04 April, 2013
Marco supplied a series of specialist cable-management products for the London 2012 Olympic games, The company’s steel-wire cable tray was used by the M&E team at the White Water Centre in Lee Valley, on the edge of the 1000 acre River Lee Country Park — part of the Lee Valley Regional Park.
There are two courses, both built from scratch, and a 10 000 m2 lake. The lake feeds a system of pumps that provide the course with water at the rate of 15 m3/s. The white water is created by these pumps and obstacles placed along the course.
Paul Diggins, sales and marketing director with Marco, said, ‘ We’re delighted to see our product included in a worldwide historic event such as London 2012. Being part of the supply chain involved in delivering products to those on site and helping to bring this massive event to life is a fantastic achievement.’
The two courses and the facilities building remain in use as a world-class canoeing and kayaking facility for all levels of ability.For more information on this story, click here: April 2013, 104
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show