VRV2 signals energy efficiency in train control centre
Published: 01 June, 2004
Longcross Refrigeration has installed a Daikin VRV2 heat-recovery air-conditioning system in the control centre of train operator FirstGroup in Manchester, which runs the TransPennine Express trains.
The contracts involved the installation of VRV2 heat-recovery systems over two floors of the centre and the control room in which the location of all the trains on the network is displayed. The air-conditioning system also extends to the computer room, which was fitted with ducted Sky Air units.
The equipment was supplied by distributor MacQueen Air Conditioning.
VRV2 systems are up to 30% more efficient than earlier VRV systems and contain less refrigerant.
The small footprint of the condensing units was one of the main reasons for the selection of this system. FirstGroup can also claim Enhanced Capital Allowances for the project.
- 04 May, 2016, 9:30 - 05 May, 2016All-Energy
- 12 May, 2016BCIA Awards
- 25 - 26 May, 2016LIFTEX 2016
- 17 June, 2016CSA Awards
- 08 - 09 September, 2016Zero carbon buildings today and in the future
- 18 - 20 October, 2016Energy 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016HVAC 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016Smart buildings 2016
- 11 November, 2016BSRIA Briefing
- 23 November, 2016Building Services Summit 2016