VRV2 signals energy efficiency in train control centre
Published: 01 June, 2004
Longcross Refrigeration has installed a Daikin VRV2 heat-recovery air-conditioning system in the control centre of train operator FirstGroup in Manchester, which runs the TransPennine Express trains.
The contracts involved the installation of VRV2 heat-recovery systems over two floors of the centre and the control room in which the location of all the trains on the network is displayed. The air-conditioning system also extends to the computer room, which was fitted with ducted Sky Air units.
The equipment was supplied by distributor MacQueen Air Conditioning.
VRV2 systems are up to 30% more efficient than earlier VRV systems and contain less refrigerant.
The small footprint of the condensing units was one of the main reasons for the selection of this system. FirstGroup can also claim Enhanced Capital Allowances for the project.
- 23 April, 2014How to implement BIM for clients
- 25 - 26 April, 2014International Passive House Conference
- 17 - 19 June, 2014Energy & Environment Expo 2014
- 17 - 20 June, 2014Second international tall building fire safety conference
- 30 June, 2014 - 01 July, 2014, 14:30The Facilities Management Forum
- 14 November, 2014BSRIA Briefing — Smarter ways to better buildings
- 27 November, 201410-80-10 — The Building Services Summit