Sontay expands Smart Communication sensors
Published: 02 February, 2017
Sontay has expanded its range of Smart Communication sensors to offer system integrators, contractors and building-services consultants more choice. Following the success of the predefined range, Sontay has created a ‘build-your-own’ sensor with a variety of capabilities, depending on customer budgets and needs. Prices start at £75 and rise with increasing proficiency.
These sensors measure a selection of variables — including temperature, CO2, fan speed, relative humidity and more, subject to the model built. All sensors can communicate via the BACnet, MS/TP or ModBus RT protocols.
Multiple measurements are taken over a 2-wire data bus, with the capability of automatically detecting baud rates.
The Smart Communication range includes a touchscreen thermostat that can be flush-mounted or surface-mounted.
Also coming this year is a smart power and energy meter to enable users to monitor and manage their energy usage while transmitting data via ModBus RTU or BACnet MS/TP. These meters are compatible with current transformers from 5 to 5000 A.For more information on this story, click here: February 2017, 107
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show