Louvred smoke ventilator
Published: 08 March, 2013
Airvent’s Optima roof ventilator is designed for the smoke-ventilation market and has excellent air/water tightness and insulation properties. Its U-value is said to be the best on the market for a louvred smoke ventilator. These ventilators have been independently tested and certified to EN 12101-2.
Design choices include pneumatic or electrical operation to glass and polycarbonate louvre options.
U-values are as low as 0.99 W/m2K for aluminium insulated louvres, with Class 4 air permeability and Class E1050 water-tightness rating.
Airvent director David Mowatt explains, ‘Louvred roof vents are generally considered to be the “weak link” in buildings — in terms of air leakage and low insulation performance — but this is no longer the case thanks to the Optima.’For more information on this story, click here: March 2013, 167
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show