Limescale solution is fit for a gym
Published: 08 January, 2015
A leisure and fitness club in London has finally overcome its battle with limescale deposits and lime bloom in its changing and showering facilities following the installation of Sentinel Commercialís KalGuard electrolytic device. Shower heads, cubicle walls and tiled flooring have all benefitted from the eradication of limescale accumulation.
The worst-affected areas by limescale accumulations were shower heads, taps and shower panels. Lime bloom also appeared regularly on cubicle walls and floors.
The problem has been solved by the installation of a 54 mm KalGuard unit. It comprises a zinc anode unit, water meter, filter and controller. Water is permanently conditioned by dosing it with a very low level of zinc so that calcium-carbonate crystals form as a soft aragonite that does not deposit as scale.
The unit was installed on the siteís rising main before the water-storage tanks and booster set ó controlling limescale to all hot- and cold-water outlets.
After just 60 days, a significant reduction in limescale deposits and lime discolouration was clearly evident on all bathroom fittings and sanitary ware. After six months, the shower heads were visibly clean, apart from some very minor external streaking.For more information on this story, click here: Jan 2015, 125
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show