Large split air conditioners have high COPs to save energy
Published: 12 March, 2006
Daikin Europe has updated its R410A range of FTXS/RXS heat-pump and FTKS/RKS cooling-only wall-mounted split air-conditioning units. The new 50, 60 and 71 class combinations of indoor/outdoor units have maximum COPs of 3.63 and EERs of 3.23.
Visual appeal is achieved by a stylish flat design and striking optional all-white or white-and-silver colour schemes.
Major technological refinements include Daikin’s high-torque, DC reluctance motor swing compressor, which reduces copper losses by about 30% with an 11% increase in cylinder volume and low-frequency operation. Using a DC fan motor increases efficiency across the motor-speed range by 20 to 40% over standard AC motors. A larger heat exchanger with two rows considerably increases heat transfer.
The provision of Daikin’s titanium apatite photo-catalytic air-purifying filter maximises absorption of microscopic articles, decomposes odours, removes bacteria and enterotoxins and deactivates viruses.
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show