Super E sets pace in low-energy housing in the UK
Published: 12 August, 2008
The Government of Canada has reported the completion of 500 Super E energy-efficient houses in the UK, which it claims to be more than all the alternative eco-housing systems such as PassivHaus, Huf Haus, Light House, BedZed and RuralZed, combined.
The 500 milestone was reached by Berkeley Homes in partnership with BSW Alouette.
Jeff Culp of Super E comments, 500 homes may not seem like a lot when compared to the overall construction industry in the UK, but this is misleading as the industry has only recently started to experiment with energy-efficient systems. To reach 500 homes in such a relatively short space of time is a huge achievement that we are very proud of.
When Super E arrive in the UK in 2000, it faced a big challenge. Attitudes toward construction in the UK seemed inflexible, and issues related to sustainable construction were not even on the radar.
Jeff Culp observes, There is a great deal more that we would like to see happen as far as legislation in the UK goes. The new code for sustainable homes is still lacking in a number of areas pertaining to what constitutes a healthy home. The main thing is that there is debate and awareness, and we are very happy to have played a part in that.For more information on this story, click here:Aug, 08 63
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show