Louvre windows provide natural ventilation from smaller areas
Published: 02 June, 2011
Double-glazed aluminium louvres with thermal breaks from Naco can provide natural ventilation while meeting the standards for airtightness required in modern buildings. Vengen louvre windows can provide the required ventilation rates with much smaller openings than bottom-hung windows, giving greater design and architectural flexibility and improving the thermal efficiency of the building envelope. They can be adapted to fit most applications, including curtain walling and brick/block structures.
These windows can be operated manually or by motorised controls. They are available as bespoke products to meet a specifier’s exact requirements.
The double-glazed thickness of 28 mm gives thermal performance in line with the U-values that new and refurbished buildings must meet. Toughened, laminated and argon-filled glazing are available in a range of colours and tints. Insulation panels can be provided in place of glass where needed.
Vengen has been independently tested by BSRIA for aerodynamic and weather criteria and by Wintech to determine air leakage and water tightness.
These units can also provide smoke ventilation, and testing to EN12101-2 for heat and smoke extraction is planned for later this year.For more information on this story, click here: June 2011, 167
- 29 September, 2016ISO50001 UK 2016
- 04 - 06 October, 2016Clean Energy Live
- 06 October, 2016, 9:30Sustainable Refurbishment - it's all in the detail
- 10 - 11 October, 2016Future of thermal energy
- 18 - 20 October, 2016Energy 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016HVAC 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016Smart buildings 2016
- 24 October, 2016, 18:30Moving towards low GWP refrigerants
- 25 October, 2016, 16:00Diversity in the engineering workforce
- 11 November, 2016BSRIA Briefing
- 16 November, 2016 - 17 November, 2016, 16:30EMEX, The Energy Management Exhibition
- 16 - 17 November, 2016PHEX - the plumbing and heatign exhibition
- 23 November, 2016Building Services Summit 2016
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards