Exposing the thermal mass of an existing building to night-time cooling has reduced internal temperatures by 5 K compared with ambient temperatures — with important implications for responding to climate change. Nick Barnard and Ant Wilson explain.
Learning from the experience of warmer countries as a response to changing conditions in the UK needs to be tempered with caution, as Dr Adrian Pitts told a recent CIBSE conference.
A solar-controlled Sun-protection system at the Manchester offices of the Royal Bank of Scotland automatically control 320 venetian blinds that have been fitted to this glass-fronted structure.
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show