Facilities managers today are responsible for the building’s performance, and their uncompromising relationship with their occupiers and service providers can only be satisfied if mechanical and electrical skills are there in the first place, says MAURICE TIDY.
PETER WOODS provides a 7-point checklist for selecting a company ot carry out portable-appliance testing
CHRIS KENNEALLY shares his views and experiences of making outsourced facilities management a profitable and successful experience.
Providing maintenance care for historic sites such as the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich generates many challenging demands. Modern equipment is shoehorned into basement areas, there is a range of disparate building services, and architectural features and decoration demand great care when working.
Dalkia has won a further extension to its 5-year contract to provide comprehensive facilities services to The National Assembly for Wales. In addition to the principal buildings in Cardiff, the contract includes nearly 60 locations throughout Wales. The total estate is some 100 000 m2, mainly offices.
Some 600 outlets outlets of travel agent Going Places in the UK and Ireland are covered by a service-and-maintenance package provided by mobile engineers from Eaton-Williams Service.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show