Largest-ever UK contract for Windowmaster
Published: 04 April, 2012
WindowMaster has won its largest-every UK order for a natural-ventilation and smoke-control solution. The company has supplied window actuators, locking motors and automated controls for the natural ventilation of Network Rail’s new National Centre in Milton Keynes.
The 37 000 m2 development comprises six buildings — two multi-storey car parks and four office buildings joined by a central atrium which will house the main reception, support facilities, coffee bar, retail outlets and space for informal meetings. The development will feature living roofs, rainwater harvesting and natural ventilation controlled by WindowMaster’s recently launched MotorLink automated system for controlling windows.
WindowMaster is supplying chain actuators for the automation of 2429 windows as well as espagnolette locking motors for 439 of them. The actuators are connected to 263 MotorLink MotorControllers to provide power and control primarily for natural ventilation. The central atrium also includes life-safety smoke control.
Work has commenced on the BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rated project, which is set for completion in the Summer of 2012.
The four office blocks are aligned to use prevailing wind. Exterior solar-shading panels reduce heat gain to improve the efficiency of natural ventilation and allow the effective use of natural light. In the offices areas, natural ventilation will be augmented by passive cooling. Energy requirements will be met by power and heating from the local district-energy scheme.For more information on this story, click here: April 2012, 82
- 08 - 09 September, 2016Zero carbon buildings today and in the future
- 29 September, 2016ISO50001 UK 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016Energy 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016HVAC 2016
- 18 - 20 October, 2016Smart buildings 2016
- 11 November, 2016BSRIA Briefing
- 16 November, 2016 - 17 November, 2016, 16:30EMEX, The Energy Management Exhibition
- 16 - 17 November, 2016PHEX - the plumbing and heatign exhibition
- 23 November, 2016Building Services Summit 2016