Electric heating meets Part L
Published: 19 February, 2006
Against the background of the forthcoming Building Regulations, Dimplex has enhanced its approach to electric space heating to achieve carbon savings of up to 10% over conventional off-peak heaters.
The ‘smarter-heating’ philosophy of DuoHeat combines a balance of off-peak and direct-acting heating. Its improved levels of energy efficiency have been recognised by SAP2005, the Government’s Standard Assessment Procedure for the energy rating of buildings. Installers and specifiers can thus continue to benefit from the traditional advantages of electric heating, such as low capital, installation and maintenance costs — but with the reassurance that they will not be penalised when considering Part L compliance.
The DuoHeat radiator provides heat from a carefully balanced mix of off-peak and direct-acting electricity, giving it the flexibility and controllability to match the user’s lifestyle while keeping running costs comparable to a traditional off-peak system. It can operate independently or as part of a while-house heating system with Dimplex slimline electronic panel radiators and multi-zone central control programmers.
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show