Hospital benefits from motorised commissioning valves
Published: 17 June, 2006
The commissioning requirements of a new hospital in Lewisham are met by a range of valves from Crane Fluid Systems.
They include 300 motorised fixed-orifice double-regulating valves. These D981 MotoBalance units combine actuated regulation and flow measurement for the heating and cooling systems. A single unit provides the functions of measurement, regulation, presetting and isolation, allowing faster commissioning and greater accuracy.
Crane also supplied a hundred Z3000 Dominator pre-assembled combination valve units for the fan-coil units. MotoBalance valves are incorporated in some Dominator units instead of manually operated commissioning sets.
The Lewisham Hospital construction is a £70 million PFI project. It is the third phase of development at the hospital and will provide 400 in-patient beds, four operating theatres and a critical-care complex. Construction is scheduled to completion at the end of 2006.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show