Replacement radiant heating delivers new level of comfort
Published: 08 December, 2007
Ambi-Radís new Vision range of energy-efficient radiant-tube heaters have been installed in the two buildings of Ash & Lacy at West Bromwich to replace a warm-air system.
The entrance/exit doors of one building are kept open to allow fork-lift trucks easy access and are in constant use. Replacing the warm-air system with 12 Vision VSX40 and VSX35 radiant-tube heaters now brings the building up to 18įC in just 18 minutes ó even on the coldest morning. They are controlled by a centralised BMS in five separate zones.
Having experienced the effectiveness of these heaters, Ash & Lacy specified the same system for the second building when expansion required the company to take on this building.
The site is Ash & Laceyís main research and production centre for bespoke and off-the-shelf perforated and expanded metal components for building fabrication. The new heating was installed by Extreme Heating Services.For more information on this story, click here:Dec 2007, 97
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show